Dear President Trump:
Until you build the wall on our southern border, we don’t want to hear another damn word about how our cherished firearm freedoms are a big problem that needs to be immediately solved. This is your “Read my lips: No new taxes” moment. Don’t blow it by listening to Mitch McConnell or Ivanka.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) did a radio interview in which he stated that both he and President Trump are now hot-to-trot when it comes to destroying your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. “What we can’t do is fail to pass something,” said McConnell.
Treason-weasel Mitch will consider it a failure if he does not curtail YOUR gun rights in the wake of a couple of isolated incidents in Dayton and El Paso.
Never mind the fact that if you are reading this, you most certainly did not commit a mass shooting in Dayton or El Paso recently. If McConnell is telling the truth – which is always in doubt – both he and President Trump have a sense of urgency about them to take away your constitutional rights.
McConnell says that an “assault” weapons ban, a federal ‘red flag’ turn-your-neighbors-in-if-you-don’t-like-them law, and universal background checks (which defeat the entire purpose of the Second Amendment) are all on the table as they rush to restrict the ancient rights and freedoms of law abiding Americans.
Where’s the sense of urgency to actually do the things that President Trump promised to do on the campaign trail?
Yes, it’s terrible that two individuals in a country of 330 million carried out mass shootings in the same day. But how about some urgency for the day-to-day problems that Americans elected President Trump to prevent? Like these:
- Andres Fuentes-Castro, originally from El Salvador, has been under an active deportation order since 2010. He was arrested for raping an under-13 child in New Orleans last month.
- Alexander Cuellar, another illegal alien from El Salvador, waited until his neighbors left their 13-year-old daughter home alone for a few minutes to run some errands in Fort Worth County, Texas last year. Cuellar seized upon the opportunity to break into his neighbor’s apartment and hold the child down while he raped her. We now have the privilege of paying his food, housing and medical benefits in the Texas prison system for the next 20 years.
- Jorge Ruiz, an illegal alien from Mexico, was just sentenced for killing an American nurse in Jemison, Alabama. Ruiz – an Obama dreamer – was driving drunk at 5 a.m. when he crossed the center line and killed the 29-year-old hard-working African American nurse as she was headed home from her shift.
- Felipe Juan Miguel arrived in the United States illegally from Guatemala just three months ago. He was arrested in Boaz, Alabama in July for sexually assaulting a child under the age of 12.
- Saul Santos Vasquez-Martinez, an illegal alien from El Salvador, was just arrested in Cedar Falls, Iowa. He grabbed a 16-year-old girl off her front porch, dragged her screaming and kicking into his own home, and attempted to rape her. Fortunately, she escaped from him with only minor physical bruises. Unfortunately, she will probably need years of psychological counseling now.
- In Fresno, California, drunk-driving illegal alien Gustavo Blanco killed an American father of five children (the victim’s wife was also pregnant with number six on the way).
- Andrea Torralba from Mexico gave birth to an anchor baby in Oxnard, California two weeks ago. You’d think this would be cause for celebration, since the birth of an anchor baby is a golden ticket for an illegal alien like Ms. Torralba. Her boyfriend from Mexico, David Villa, was upset, however, because the baby wasn’t his. So, Mr. Villa and Ms. Torralba strangled “Baby Diego” to death in the maternity ward.
- 19-year-old Felix Joseph Alonzo, another one of those “amazing” Obama dreamers, was arrested in Lubbock, Texas last month. He shot an elderly man to death with a stolen pistol during a home invasion robbery.
- Marvin Oswaldo Escobar-Orellana, a twice-deported illegal alien from Guatemala, was arrested in Des Moines, Iowa last month. He shot a woman and her two children, ages 11 and 5, to death.
- Despite being previously arrested for child rape, 64-year-old illegal alien Jose Eduardo Monarca was just arrested again in Thousand Oaks, Washington. Monarca was never deported after serving his first sentence for child rape. He now faces dozens of new charges for raping boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 15, in a child-rape spree that spans from 2003 until today.
I’m pretty sure we didn’t elect Donald Trump to take our guns away so that we would be defenseless against these kinds of criminals.