President Trump warned them, and normal people saw it coming. A massive caravan of refugees from Central American countries was on the move, and they wanted to come to the United States.
So, President Trump, in an effort to gain control of our country’s border declared a national emergency. He couldn’t get Congress to change the immigration laws that only make the problem worse. So, he decided to use his executive power to divert money to strengthen an actual physical barrier.
It must have been a good idea, because the Democrats and fellow Trump-haters absolutely hated it. Normal Americans scratched their heads and tried to figure out why Democrat political leaders insisted that Trump would never have “his wall.”
Likewise, Democrat mouthpieces in the Trump-hating media led the boisterous pack:
- MSNBC’s Eddie S. Glaude, Jr. said, “This is a manufactured crisis. At the heart of this whole thing are a whole bunch of lies.”
- CNN’s anchor Don Lemon, “It’s a manufactured crisis. A non-crisis at the border that’s really not fooling anybody…That’s all for political expediency.”
- Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough said, “…And at this point I’ve got to say, how stupid are Americans who still believe there’s a crisis on the southern border?”
- Anderson Cooper, another CNN stoic tried to disguise his bias with faux pontification, “Now, it’s not our job to advocate for or against a given policy. It’s our job to call out the dishonest pursuit of it. So, as we wait for the president to speak about what he calls the crisis on the border, we’re starting with the crisis of credibility he’s created for himself.”
- Finally, as if to prove that President Trump was absolutely right about the value of a border wall to begin with, there was the pathetically hilarious Jim Acosta from CNN reporting from a portion of the wall itself. There was absolutely nothing going on he said. “Where’s the crisis?” asked Jim. Acosta failed to realize that reporting from a place where the wall was doing its job probably wasn’t the best argument against expanding it.
But the Democrats suffering from TDS–Trump Derangement Syndrome–continues. When the crisis at the border has progressed to an overload of migrant detention facilities, Democrats have gleefully pounced. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) pulled a shameful, self-aggrandizing photo-op stunt. She refused to listen to the men and women who work at the detention facility and deal with the migrants day in and day out, opting instead to whine that women detainees were forced to drink from toilet bowls. (Subsequent photos disclosed that detention facility sanitation hardware included a combination sink and toilet arrangement.)
In any case, the Congresswoman appeared to care more about uninvited foreigners from failed countries than for jobs for her citizen constituents. Ocasio-Cortez’s hostility and criticism were instrumental in Amazon’s moving its processing facility (and over 300 jobs) away from the hostile environment of New York.
One thing that Democrats don’t seem to understand is that normal Americans agree with President Trump’s assessment of people who voluntarily drag their families thousands of miles through danger and privation, passing other countries of safe haven on their journey to America. When they end up in overcrowded detention centers, they should remember that they had the option to stop somewhere else first.
Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general published photos of Texas migrant holding centers crammed at double capacity. Instead of blaming our overworked border protection people, President Trump again displayed his knack for common sense evaluation.
Trump said on Twitter, “If Illegal Immigrants are unhappy with the conditions in the quickly built or refitted detentions centers, just tell them not to come. All problems solved!” Then he pointed out, “Our Border Patrol people are not hospital workers, doctors or nurses….Many of these illegals (sic) aliens are living far better now than where they came from, and in far safer conditions.”
So, in the surreal psychotic world of Democrat political thinking, anything President Trump favors Democrats and their liberal allies in the media will reflexively oppose.
It would be interesting to see how the Trump haters would react if the President said, “We are in a real climate-change emergency. I plan to publish an Executive Order banning all Congressional travel by air and declaring Washington, DC to be a green zone for recycling and energy conservation.”
Democrats would probably cry, “Climate-change crisis? What crisis? He’s just doing this for political purposes!”