Upward of 10,000 illegals have massed into caravans intent on penetrating the U.S. southern border and stealing American jobs and taxpayer benefits.
Members of the caravans have already admitted that they are in no way shape or form asylum seekers. They are merely from countries such as Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador that have failed to implement appropriate economic policy and planning.
These Third World countries are in the midst of an economic slowdown. Rather than start businesses to compel economic change in their own countries, this potential wave of illegal immigrants into the U.S. would rather suckle off our welfare system or steal blue collar jobs from Americans.
Despite fake news media outlets repeated claims that this 10,000-strong force is kindly asylum seekers, nothing could be further from the truth. While biased media have ignored the criminal intent of the migrants, many have already confessed in word and deed.
“We came to work. I know I’m not getting asylum,” Honduran caravan member Carlos José Romero reportedly said.
“We are workers,” Evin Mata reportedly said. “What are we supposed to do in Honduras if there’s no work?”
Even the most liberal media outlets such as the New York Times have reported that migrants clearly understand they are not eligible for asylum. They plan to attempt to overwhelm the American Border Patrol and Department of Homeland Security to gain entrance. Many have already been apprehended attempting to illegally cross the southern border. Among those caught were repeat immigration offenders and violent felons.
Last year, a small caravan was allowed to apply for legal asylum in the U.S., and many who did not meet the standards fled unchecked into the population. These illegals have been a boon for businesses who employ them at the lowest possible hourly rate. This process has helped to stifle working class wages for decades.
The U.S. had allowed upwards of 1.5 million legal and illegal immigrants into the country during the previous administration. However, part of Pres. Donald J. Trump’s “America First” policy calls for an immigration slowdown that would allow unskilled American wage earners higher pay.
By contrast, many Democrats have called for Sanctuary Cities and open borders that would continue to draw Central Americans to illegally gain access to U.S. jobs and welfare benefits such as housing, food stamps, education, and health care. Many of these criminal migrants are living better than blue-collar Americans. The problem has gotten so severe that even the left-leaning media subtly admits that illegals are stealing American jobs and tax money.
As a hard-working member of this country, consider the liberal Brookings Institute report that tried to push back at Pres. Trump’s policy.
“Brookings Senior Fellow Vanda Felbab-Brown explains in her new Brookings Essay, ‘The Wall,’ immigrants may not actually be ‘stealing’ as many U.S. jobs as Trump thinks,” a recent Brookings article reportedly states. In common sense terms, just how many American jobs are illegals stealing? Only a liberal think tank like Brookings could see theft as a good thing. At least Brookings agrees that jobs are being stolen.
Other pro-illegal immigration organizations are also falling all over their own statistics while trying to prop up extreme leftist policies. Consider the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) numbers from the eyes of an American worker or taxpayer. Although the CIS masks its numbers by blending illegal and legal immigrants, these are some of the its “notable findings.”
- Notable Finding:Maids and housekeepers – 51 percent native-born.
- Impact on Americans: Upwards of 49 percent of all maids and housekeeping jobs may have been stolen by an illegal immigrant.
- Notable Finding:Taxi drivers and chauffeurs – 54 percent native-born.
- Impact on Americans: Upwards of 46 percent of good-paying taxi and chauffeur jobs may have been taken away from a native-born American.
- Notable Finding:Butchers and meat processors – 64 percent native-born.
- Impact on Americans: Upwards of 36 percent of butcher occupations taken by people not born in the U.S.
- Notable Finding:Construction laborers – 65 percent native-born.
- Impact on Americans: More than one-third of construction jobs may have been siphoned off by foreigners.
- Notable Finding:High-immigrant occupations (25 percent or more immigrant) are primarily, but not exclusively, lower-wage jobs that require relatively little formal education.
- Impact on Americans: This premise exactly supports what Pres. Trump has been saying. Illegal and excessive chain migration immigrants are stealing jobs from blue-collar Americans.
Of the approximately 10,000 migrants in the caravans, a reported 100 applied for asylum in Mexico. The Mexican government was gracious enough to work with Pres. Trump on this issue. However, the telling reason behind the incredibly low number of applicants speaks volumes as to why they should not be allowed to enter the U.S.
In Mexico, asylum seekers are required to take a job provided by the government and work. It’s abundantly clear that the horde only wants to steal better-paying U.S. jobs and milk the system for taxpayer-funded welfare benefits.